Exciting 2014 News – New Wreck Dive site!
2014 News! We are excited to announce that Phi Phi National Marine Park is getting a new dive site. The local wreck site will be open once the wreck is was dropped on 19th March 2014.
The ship is located off the east side of Koh Phi Phi Ley near Viking Cave. This will give us more diving options throughout the year and the name of the ship is called ‘The Kled Gaeow’.
The ship is around 50m long and will be dropped at around 26m with the top sitting at 15-18m depth.
The new wreck will now make it possible to complete the PADI Wreck speciality locally in the Phi Phi Marine Park. So if you have been thinking about doing your PADI Wreck Speciality you can now do it at Blue View Divers!
2014 News – New View for Blue View
Blue View Divers has moved our offices however don’t worry, we haven’t gone too far! We are still located in Viewpoint Resort however we now have a beautiful new view.
What used to be the resort massage shop, upstairs from the old Blue View Divers is something we always had our eye on. When an opportunity came up we took it! We had lots of help from our dive team to get everything ship, shape and shiny. We have always loved our shop location outside of town away from the crowds. However now we have the best view of any dive shop on Tonsai Village. Having moved upstairs we can definitely say that we have a Five Star View to go with our PADI 5* Resort status.
Every wall of the shop is windowed and offers 360º views of Loh Dalum Bay. I The wrap around terrace allows students to review dive theory over a coffee with their instructor and divers to fill out logbooks over sunset. The classroom overlooks the sea which means our students now have THE BEST view on Phi Phi while studying their Open Water Course!
Reggae Bar Staff Dive
We took our Thai friends from Reggae Bar Koh Phi Phi our for a PADI Discover SCUBA Dive with us. As part of our Thai Intern program which is something that is important to us. To give back to the community and offer a chance for locals to experience scuba diving for free. We dived at two of the best sites with fantastic visibility at Bida Nok and Malong!
Diving with Fon and Dao we saw 2 Octopus, Black Tip Reef Sharks and 2 Hawksbill Turtles together! In addition, we saw big schools of Barracudas and the amazing visibility and conditions were a highlight.
It was so much fun taking you girls diving!
Shark Guardian Dive Centre
Blue View Divers became Phi Phi Island’s first and only Shark Guardian Centre! Who are the Shark Guardians, you might ask? If you don’t know already, they are highly motivated and passionate husband and wife team Brendon Sing (South African) and Elizabeth Ward-Sing (English).
So, what sets Shark Guardian apart from other conservation organisations?
– Their team are highly motivated, passionate people who are actively involved in shark diving and shark research.
– Led by professional scuba diving instructors and educators who collectively have thousands of hours of shark diving experience.
– Regularly give professional educational presentations about sharks to school students, adults, divers and the general public worldwide.
– Offering state of the art educational presentations specifically adapted for appropriate audiences.
– Shark Guardian has an audience of over 20,000 people a year attending educational presentations all around the world.
– Initiated the Thailand eShark Project – the largest citizen science project in Thailand to monitor shark populations. * which is now collaborating with a new app called e-oceans
– Producing and developing educational materials in international languages to enhance conservation education.
– Shark Guardian actively networks and promotes projects from other organizations for the benefit of shark and marine conservation, maximizing time and resources.
Check out their Facebook updates for recent events and news.
Some great news recently coming through from Shark Guardian is that Thai Airways announced a ban on transporting Shark Fins, which is fantastic!
Check out their website at www.sharkguardian.org
Keep up the good work guys!
Shark Guardian is a registered UK Charity (#1152654) operating internationally