E-Learning is the best way to get the most out of your Open Water Course on your holiday on Koh Phi Phi!
Enrol in PADI E-Learning and complete the theory portion of the course in your own time at home! This means more time in the water and less time studying in the classroom in paradise!
If you want to complete your PADI Open Water Course on Phi Phi Island, normally it takes 4 days. If you enrol in PADI E-Learning, it will only take 2 days to complete!
It is an excellent way to make sure that you fully understand all elements of the theory in the comfort of your own home, at your own pace.
HOW IT WORKS:
Once you pay your deposit with Blue View Divers, you should REGISTER with BLUE VIEW DIVERS (Store Number-36215) on the PADI website. You can pay for your PADI E-learning using your credit card, and the current cost is 184 AUD This price is regulated by PADI so the price can change.
The practical portion of the course is then completed with Blue View Divers:
1st Day: Check in between 6pm – 7pm for paperwork, sizing, a quick quiz, and to meet the team! Don’t forget your ‘ELEARNING CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION’ print-out!
2nd Day: Meet at 8am for your 3 hour confined water session in our fabulous infinity pool. After a short break, we brief you on your 2 afternoon dives (to 12 metres) to the Local Marine Park, and then we head out at 1.30pm.
3rd Day: Meet for 2 dives in the Marine Park to a maximum depth of 18 metres.
Any additional skill practice in the pool can be completed on Day 2. Logging and paperwork is completed at 7pm each night.
After this you will be certified as an Open Water Diver licensed to dive around the world for the rest of your life to a maximum depth of 18m!
Once you complete a course with us here at Blue View Divers, you will receive 10% discount off fun dives and also 700 THB off further courses!
Price is fully inclusive of Equipment, Tanks, Weights, Lunch, Water, Fruit, Instructor fees, Certification fees.*
TO SIGN UP NOW CLICK HERE!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. What is PADI E-Learning?
PADI eLearning allows you to complete the knowledge development (classroom) portion of the most popular courses at your own pace – studying anytime and anywhere you have a high-speed internet connection. If you have a busy schedule or just prefer the convenience of online study, eLearning is a good choice.
Which online courses are currently available through Blue View Divers?
- Open Water Diver Online – available in English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Russian, Chinese and Korean
- PADI Rescue Diver Online – English
- PADI Divemaster Online – English and Japanese
Additional languages and courses will become available in the future.
2. I’m having problems registering for eLearning. What may be the cause?
Registration problems are typically caused by one of the following:
- No PADI Dive Center was chosen. You must choose the PADI Dive Center you will be training with – BLUE VIEW DIVERS– or your payment will not go through.
- Look for small red asterisks that indicate incomplete information.
- Using an iPad?
- PADI eLearning relies on the use of Adobe Flash, which is not compatible with the iPad or other Apple iOS devices (iPods and iPhones). PADI Open Water Diver TouchTM, for entry-level training, is tablet-based.
- Got a Firewall? Corporate proxy or company firewalls will also cause difficulties. The solution is to register from your home computer.
- Using Internet Explorer?
- The PADI eLearning system is not compatible with the 64-bit version of Microsoft’s Internet Explorer browser. If you are using the 64-bit version (versus the 32-bit version) of Explorer, please update your browser or download an alternate browser – Firefox or Chrome.
- In some cases, you’ll need to close your browser completely – exit and close the browser as opposed to only closing the tab or window – and try again. Restart your browser and go to PADI eLearning to complete the registration process.
3. Does PADI eLearning work on Apple iOS devices?
No. PADI eLearning currently relies on the use of Adobe Flash, which is not compatible with the Apple iOS devices (iPads, iPods and iPhones). The PADI eLearning system is compatible with most updated browsers for Windows and Mac computers. If you’re using an iPad, PADI Open Water Diver TouchTM, for entry-level training, is tablet-based – ask your PADI Instructor about this option designed specifically for iPads and Android tablets.
If you havea any further questions on PADI Elearning, please click HERE!
Click this link for the Standard Diving Medical Questionnaire on our website. Please read through ALL questions. If you answer YES to any of the questions listed you MUST get a ‘RSTC DIVE MEDICAL FORM’ signed by your local doctor or GP prior to your arrival in Thailand to be cleared for diving activities.
If all answers are NO then you are not required to gain clearance from a doctor
*Please note that if you do not register with Blue View Divers when you enroll in PADI E-learning, there will be a surcharge for your certification card processing.